Private Security Training Academy
PSB Level IV - Personal Protection Officer (40) Hour Course
This is the 40 hour (five consecutive days) Texas Department of Public Safety Private Security Board’s (PSB) Level IV Personal Protection Officer (PPO) course.
It Exceeds the State of Texas training requirements of the PSB for a Personal Protection Officer license. Items covered include how to protect the principle when alone or as a team. Threat avoidance techniques are shown, and how to plan and scout escape routes. Some defensive tactics are taught as well as transportation tips, and the importance of proper planning.
We do not administer the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) Test which is required before submitting a PPO registration to PSB.
* Options in Personal Protection
* Comprehensive Protection Planning
* Coordination with local Authorities
* Building a Client Profile
* Rings of Protection
* The Force Continuum* Unarmed Defensive Tactics
* Oleoresin Capsicum Training
* Private Security Act & Commission Rules
* Texas Penal Code* Conflict Resolution & Avoidance
* Public Perception* Arrest Authority* Use of Force & Deadly Force
All equipment is provided. There is no gun range work required in this class.
The PSB Commission Rule 430.1 states that an applicant for a Personal Protection authorization must have already been issued a Commission.
This license allows security officers to carry a concealed firearm in the line of duty. You can also work plainclothes loss prevention assignments.
The Personal Protection Officer
This a 40 hour course. Price: $395.
Training Program is broad and skills oriented. Much emphasis is placed on restrain and control techniques.
Participants will learn the theories of Executive & Personal Protection in great breadth and depth, as they will be equipped to take on the role of a leader of an Executive Protection Team.
The following topics are covered Executive Protection
* Roles and Responsibilities of a bodyguard
* General Precepts of a good bodyguard
* Security planning and mission planning
* Defending against common armed and unarmed attacks, Restraining and taking down aggressors
* Use of secure radio communication
* Foot Formation in various situations
* Third Party Protection
* Vehicle Security
* Firearms familiarization and live execution
* First aid and emergency aid
* Realistic “Pressure Tests” with full protective
For available dates & times
Please call 806-281-4058